[MITgcm-support] CRAY XD1

Martin Losch mlosch at awi-bremerhaven.de
Tue Apr 5 02:52:21 EDT 2005

Chris,

I had help from the CRAY support, and they could get rid of the problem
by removing the -r8 option for the pgf77 compiler. Now I only get
segmentation faults if I the number of CPUs is too large (currently 50
is a problem). But the CRAY people can reproduce this and promised to
find the problem. I assume that there's a bug in the MPI implementation
(MPICH). In the meantime, I have asked for test accounts (again), in
case you are interested, but not success so far (neverending story).
I'll keep you posted.

Martin