[MITgcm-support] linux_ia32_ifort

Patrick Heimbach heimbach at MIT.EDU
Tue Sep 28 11:24:40 EDT 2004

Dimitris,

is the exf_interp used in any of the verif.s?
(e.g. global_with_exf)?
If so, I can run a quick test on the altix with
ifort 8.0.066.

-Patrick

On Tuesday 28 September 2004 11:14, Dimitris Menemenlis wrote:
> On Monday 27 September 2004 11:05 pm, Martin Losch wrote:
> > I use linux_ia32_ifort as it is on a redhat 9 something system. After
> > having a look at the man-pages I think that
>
> Martin, do you know if you use ifort 6.0 or 8.0?
>
> Taking a closer look it looks like problem is caused by an
> "undocumented feature" in exf_interp:
>
>          open(interp_unit,file=infile,status='old',access='direct',
>      &        recl=nx_in*ny_in*4)
>
> that is, exf_interp only works with byterecl.
>
> I'll go ahead and fix this with the MDS_RECLEN macro.
>
> Ed, is it OK to use this macro outside of mdsio package,
> or do I need to redefine it?
>
> D.
>
> P.S. The problem was reported by Richard Ma at JPL.
> I have been forwarding all your replies to him and have
> asked him to subscribe to mailing list.

Patrick Heimbach     Massachusetts Institute of Technology
FON: +1/617/253-5259                    EAPS, Room 54-1518
FAX: +1/617/253-4464               77 Massachusetts Avenue
mailto:heimbach at mit.edu                 Cambridge MA 02139
http://www.mit.edu/~heimbach/                          USA