[MITgcm-support] [Fwd: Auto-discard notification]

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Mon Sep 27 16:53:35 EDT 2004

Hi Karsten,

Welcome to the MITgcm-support list!

Here are the things to try:

  1) Can you send us a copy of the "genmake_warnings" file
     produced by genmake2 so that we can see what the error is?

  2) Could you please send us the results of:

       $  nm /usr/local/lib/libnetcdf.a | grep nf_get_vara_int

     (or substitute wherever the "libnetcdf.a" is located) to
     verify that there is indeed a fortran interface available?
     Some sysadmins forget to build the fortran parts (or build
     them incorrectly) so that only the C interface is available.

If all else fails, you can build your own NetCDF library in your home
directory and then create a custom optfile to let MITgcm use it.

good luck!
Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD