[MITgcm-support] MITgcm now uses NetCDF (was: Re: testreport on G4, mnc)

Martin Losch mlosch at awi-bremerhaven.de
Fri Sep 24 08:17:50 EDT 2004

Hi Ed,

In this case I have suggestion. I DID have NetCDF installed in
/sw/incluce and /sw/lib, which is the place where FINK puts them. I
have now linked the files into /usr/include and /usr/lib and now exp0
seems to pass.

Appearently, MITgcm requires the libraris and includes to be in a
particular place (/usr/include /usr/lib). This will not work on all
systems. Wouldn't it be a good idea to include the netcdf-path in the
build options (or as a general rule as environment varibles that are
passed to make; on second thought environment variables may not be a
good idea because different makes behave differently with respect to
reading environment variables)

(I thought that testreport only tries to use MNC if it already has
detected some for of NetCDF, is that so?)

Martin