[MITgcm-support] The version that I using is c53

Yuan Lian lian at U.Arizona.EDU
Thu Sep 23 14:33:25 EDT 2004

Hi, Songjie,

The code should be independent of the version of Linux. Problem with
f90mkdepend can be safely ignored since all the source code are supposed
to be compiled with f77(even f90 compiler will work). It is only the
problem with the file extension, for example, all the codes under
directory "MITgcm/model/src" have extension ".F".

By the way, did you see a bunch of .F and .h files before you saw the
message "Appending dependencies to Makefile". If you did, I believe you
can just make executable file "mitgcmuv".

In case you want to upgrade to c55, you'd better use cvs to do this. Go
"http://mitgcm.org/using_cvs.html" you will find how to use cvs to
upgrade.

-Yuan