[MITgcm-support] Question to OBCS checkpoint users

Patrick Heimbach heimbach at MIT.EDU
Mon Sep 20 10:25:06 EDT 2004

To those that are using OBCS read/write checkpoint:

I've noticed that NORTH/SOUTH OBCS state is written
to the same checkpoint file, as is EAST/WEST.
I don't like this since arrays for a non-existing
OB (e.g. existing N, but non-existing S) shouldn't
be visible.
I would like to split it to have one checkpoint
file for each boundary. Any objections, or
would I be srewing anybody's existing setups?

-Patrick

Patrick Heimbach   Massachusetts Institute of Technology
FON: +1/617/253-5259                  EAPS, Room 54-1518
FAX: +1/617/253-4464             77 Massachusetts Avenue
mailto:heimbach at mit.edu               Cambridge MA 02139
http://www.mit.edu/~heimbach/                        USA