[MITgcm-support] ptracers_init default

samar khatiwala spk at ldeo.columbia.edu
Fri Sep 17 11:15:48 EDT 2004

Hello

I was wondering what the rationale is for the following default behavior
of ptracers_init.F is. Basically, I want to be able to read ptracer initial
conditions from a binary file (NOT a pickup file) without using the gchem
package, but while restarting the model from a pickup file (nIter0.ne.0).
The way the code is written now, this cannot be done. Its an easy
fix, but I have to apply it every time I upgrade (and you can tell I am
about to do that). Hence this question.

Thanks, Samar

#ifndef ALLOW_GCHEM
      INTEGER tIter0
      PARAMETER ( tIter0 = 0 )
#endif

      IF (nIter0.EQ.tIter0) THEN
        DO iTracer = 1, PTRACERS_numInUse
          IF ( PTRACERS_initialFile(iTracer) .NE. ' ' ) THEN
            CALL READ_FLD_XYZ_RL(PTRACERS_initialFile(iTracer),' ',
     &           pTracer(1-Olx,1-Oly,1,1,1,iTracer) ,0,myThid)
          ELSE
          ENDIF
        ENDDO
      ENDIF

      IF (nIter0.GT.tIter0) THEN
        CALL PTRACERS_READ_CHECKPOINT( nIter0,myThid )
      ENDIF