[MITgcm-support] Re: Problems with Leith

Alistair Adcroft adcroft at MIT.EDU
Mon Sep 13 20:43:58 EDT 2004

Raf,

In our usual fashion we added Leith as a test of user abilities. Included with
Leith is the special feature that if you are not using
vectorInvariantMomentum=.true. (in PARM01) then the model fails to tell you
that you can't (yet) use Leith with the conservative form of the momentum
equations. So far no users have passed the test. :-)

Switching to vector invariant equations should fix this behaviour.

A.