[MITgcm-support] rhsMax

Uli Riemenschneider uriemenschneider at whoi.edu
Tue Oct 19 14:03:13 EDT 2004

Hi again,

This is an easy one to answer for sure. I was just wondering if someone
could give me a brief explanation what the 'rhsMax' stands for that is
printed out in the STDOUT.* files, and what it tells me about the
progress of the run.

I have had a few runs recently that blew up resulting in lots of NaNs in
place of rhsMax, the model continued running though producing a lot of
nonsense data. I am assuming it has to do with the open boundaries ...

Many thanks,
Uli

Ulrike Riemenschneider,  Postdoctoral Investigator
Physical Oceanography Dept. MS #21
Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
Woods Hole, MA 02543, USA

Phone: (+1) 508 289 2916 Fax: (+1) 508 457 2181