[MITgcm-support] problem with defining ALLOW_OBCS flag

Matthew Mazloff mmazloff at MIT.EDU
Tue Oct 12 13:03:42 EDT 2004

Hello,

I am having trouble setting the CPP flag ALLOW_OBCS

in CPP_OPTIONS.h I have:

C o Include/exclude code for open-boundary conditions
#define ALLOW_OBCS

and when I try to compile this I get the error message:

Searching for *OPTIONS.h files in order to warn about the presence
    of "#define "-type statements that are no longer allowed:
    found CPP_OPTIONS="../code/CPP_OPTIONS.h"
 depError: In ../code/CPP_OPTIONS.h there is an illegal line: #define
ALLOW_OBCS

I was hoping someone could let me know what I am doing wrong?  Obviously
this flag must be set to enable open boundary conditions.  How/where do
I set it?

With much appreciation,
Matt