[MITgcm-support] obcs/exf interactions

Dimitris Menemenlis menemenlis at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Oct 7 14:41:24 EDT 2004

On Thursday 07 October 2004 10:53 am, Alistair Adcroft wrote:
> Excuse me for not checking the manual but how do I see where the
> ice-edge is? Tom doesn't seem to have any seaice output enabled.

Sorry, I have not followed this thread carefully.  So maybe it's
already answered.  pkg/seaice output is

C     UICE  - zonal ice velocity in m/s
C             at South-West B-grid U point
C             >0 from West to East
C     VICE  - meridional ice velocity in m/s
C             at South-West B-grid U point
C             >0 from South to North
C             note: the South-West B-grid U and V points are on
C                the lower, left-hand corner of each grid cell
C     AREA  - fractional ice-covered area in m^2/m^2
C             at South-West B-grid tracer point
C             0 is no cover, 1 is 100% cover
C     HEFF  - effective ice thickness in m
C             at South-West B-grid tracer point
C             note: for non-zero AREA, actual ice
C                thickness is HEFF / AREA

You can look ar variable AREA for ice edge.

D.

--
Dimitris Menemenlis <menemenlis at jpl.nasa.gov>
Jet Propulsion Lab, California Institute of Technology