[MITgcm-support] ptracer units

cimatori at libero.it cimatori at libero.it
Tue Oct 5 08:43:02 EDT 2004

We're experiencing problems with ptracers package: we have a lot of noise near
suface using a punctual IC (on the surface) for ptracer. We want check if it
could be a numerical problem as we are using a prtacer IC of 30 or 50, and maybe
this is too much. What does "tracer per unit volume" mean? Does it mean number
of ptracers particles per m^3 or per cell?
We are running a very ideal model with no viscosity, no diffusion, hydrostatic.
We're doing so as this is the only way we could manage to make the ptracer move
under a velocity field.
Thank you,
Andrea Cimatoribus

Libero ADSL: navighi gratis a 1.2 Mega, senza canone e costi di attivazione.
Abbonati subito su http://www.libero.it