[MITgcm-support] Where did "EXFwindOnBgrid: go?

Patrick Heimbach heimbach at MIT.EDU
Mon Oct 4 16:26:01 EDT 2004

Hi Alistair,

shame on you for using such old code ;o)

Here's what I think is/was happening.
That flag was indeed present in the ecco-branch,
but never got merged into the MAIN branch.
Reason from my point of view (I may be wrong),
it never got used (I checked ecco_c50_e32),
at least I never saw code of it being used
- within the exf package
- the seaice or the other therm_seaice package

seaice_ckeck.F has some warning statements about this issue,
but no other code is visible to me that may have actually used it.
Maybe/probably someone else has some code available locally?

-Patrick

On Monday 04 October 2004 15:59, Alistair Adcroft wrote:
  > I'm working on upgrading an experiment that uses ECCO stuff, release
  > ecco_c50_e29. In data.exf there is a flag
  >
  >    EXFwindOnBgrid=.TRUE.
  >
  > but this parameter doesn't appear in the HEAD branch nor current ECCO
  > branch. Has it been replaced with another flag or do we have to add new
  > code to interpolate from B grid winds?
  >
  > Thx
  >
  > A.

Patrick Heimbach     Massachusetts Institute of Technology
FON: +1/617/253-5259                    EAPS, Room 54-1518
FAX: +1/617/253-4464               77 Massachusetts Avenue
mailto:heimbach at mit.edu                 Cambridge MA 02139
http://www.mit.edu/~heimbach/                          USA