[MITgcm-support] multiple packages on cmd-line?

Alistair Adcroft adcroft at mit.edu
Mon Oct 4 14:30:36 EDT 2004

I'm having trouble specifying more than one package on the cmd-line with
-enable. According to the information dumped to the terminal by genmake2
all of the following should work

   -enable "pkg1 pkg2"
   -enable 'pkg1 pkg2'
   -enable="pkg1 pkg2"
   -enable='pkg1 pkg2'
  --enable "pkg1 pkg2"
  --enable 'pkg1 pkg2'
  --enable="pkg1 pkg2"
  --enable='pkg1 pkg2'

but in fact all fail (I did try them all!).

The old syntax -enable=pkg1,pgk2,pkg3,... doesn't work either.

 From genmake2 terminal output:

     -enable NAME | --enable NAME
       -enable=NAME | --enable=NAME
           Here "NAME" specifies a list of packages that we wish
           to specifically enable.  If this violates package
           dependencies, genamke will exit with an error message.
[stuff deleted]
   While it is most often a single word, the "NAME" variables specified
   above can in many cases be a space-delimited string such as:

     --enable pkg1   --enable 'pkg1 pkg2'   --enable 'pkg1 pkg2 pkg3'
     -mods=dir1   -mods='dir1'   -mods='dir1 dir2 dir3'

   which, depending upon your shell, may need to be single-quoted.

A.
--
Dr Alistair Adcroft            http://www.mit.edu/~adcroft
MIT Climate Modeling Initiative        tel: (617) 253-5938