[MITgcm-support] Arctic configuration

Dimitris Menemenlis menemenlis at jpl.nasa.gov
Sat Oct 2 10:16:20 EDT 2004

On Saturday 02 October 2004 06:45 am, samar khatiwala wrote:
> Would either of you be willing to share more details of your
> setup (data* files, code mods, etc) with us? Our
> purpose is to do passive tracer simulations with a climatalogical
> circulation, so we are unlikely to be stepping on your toes.

Samar, what resolution and domain do you want to work with?
I do not have an Arctic-only configuration, but you are certainly
welcome to set-up details of cube-sphere integrations if these
can help you.  Do you know how to use the MITgcm CVS server.
Configuration details are available there under
MITgcm_contrib/high_res_cube
both for a 19-km and for a 300-km horizontal-grid-spacing cube.

Another example set-up with dynamic/thermodynamic
sea-ice is available at MITgcm/verification/lab_sea

Finally, you are also welcome to hi-res, cube-sphere ocean
circulation estimates, such as they are or will become,
if you would like to conduct off-line tracer experiments.
For this purpose I can extract the required fields for you
in the domain of interest, with the caveat that the hi-res
cube integrations are still work in progress and are not yet
fully calibrated nor constrained.

D.

--
Dimitris Menemenlis <menemenlis at jpl.nasa.gov>
Jet Propulsion Lab, California Institute of Technology