[MITgcm-support] IBM

Martin Losch mlosch at awi-bremerhaven.de
Fri May 7 11:14:20 EDT 2004

Well, with xlf,  there is a runtime option:
via the environment variable XLFRTEOPTS you can set the name list
behavior
either
setenv XLFRTEOPTS namelist=old
or
setenv XLFRTEOPTS namelist=new (default)
but in both cases the & as the namelist terminator does not seem to be
allowed. But as Patrick pointed out the program complains but the
execution is not affected. The problems I am having stem from something
different, that must be related to MPI or exchanges in general, because
I see ridiculous values in Eta (-536 to 8) and W after the first time
step. It must be something really stupid. Patrick just pointed out to me
usingMPI=.true. in eedata, but that didn't do it, what about the other
settings in eedata (taken from the verification experiments
global_ocean.cs32x15)? I don't know anything about that.

Martin

PS. Maybe the attached figure helps (SSH after 1 timestep, plotted
range is +/-1m, actual range is -580 to 8m)