[MITgcm-support] Re: No Subject

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Wed May 5 21:27:02 EDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-05-05 at 14:44, prosperi at wicc.weizmann.ac.il wrote:
> Hi Ed!!
> I compiled the code!!
> I didn't make any change in the genmake like substitute make with gmake.
> the only thing that I did it has been to compile it (after %make depend)
> with
>
> %gmake (as u told me, I think)
>
> and it's work
>
> The optfile that I used is osf1_alpha_f77.
> With the g77 it doesn't work.
>

> Thank u very much for your help

Hi Davide,

Excellent!  I'm glad to hear that its working!

And out of curiosity, it'd be interesting to know which "make" program
is installed on your system.  Since you're using "osf1_alpha_f77", I'd
assume that its an older DEC/Compaq implementation and that it either
has slightly different built-in rules or it doesn't like the Gnu-style
syntax that we use for our implicit rules.  But I guess it really
doesn't matter if you have Gnu make installed.

Anyway, good luck with your simulations!

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
             Cambridge, MA 02139-4307