[MITgcm-support] Re: No Subject

Dimitris Menemenlis menemenlis at jpl.nasa.gov
Sat May 1 00:28:56 EDT 2004

Armando, where did you get the set-up you are using.  If it's one of the
standard verification experiments, it should already include the
appropriate POLY3.COEFFS file.  If you have configured it yourself, then
you need to use routines in subdirectory utils/knudsen2 to generate the
POLY3.COEFFS file.  I highly recommend that you move to a newer version
of the code as Ed suggested, especially if you are developing a new
mixed layer parameterization.

>> in the kpp_calc subroutine comments you have
OK, thanks.  I have changed comments for consistency.

How expensive is your turbulence closure model?  I have no personal
experience, but my wife tells me that Mellor Yamada is very expensive.
Is your scheme more efficient?

Also who are you working with at MIT?  Is it with John Marshall?

Cheers, Dimitris

--
Dimitris Menemenlis <menemenlis at jpl.nasa.gov>
Jet Propulsion Lab, California Insitute of Technology