[MITgcm-support] RE: MITgcm

Jane Jimeian jane at atlantic.ocean.fsu.edu
Fri Jun 25 16:49:14 EDT 2004

i'm using the IBM xlf compilers.  i believe cpp is GNU (installed development pkg Xcode).
i had to fix the line that cpp puts in the beginning of the file:

        #pragma GCC set_debug_pwd

by changing the Makefile to include:

        # Fix #pragma line
        SED = | sed -e s/\#pragma/C\#pragma/

        [snip]

        .F.f:
                $(CPP) $(DEFINES) $(INCLUDES) $(SED) > $@

i think the line (#pragma...) that cpp puts is new thing with Xcode for Panther (v10.3)

http://developer.apple.com/documentation/ReleaseNotes/DeveloperTools/GCC3.html

        The GCC 3.3 preprocessor inserts a new pragma, #pragma GCC  set_debug_pwd,
        as part of the new Distributed Builds feature. (See below.) This may surprise
        tools and scripts that  depended on the exact form of preprocessed output
        from GCC. These  scripts should be rewritten to ignore unrecognized pragmas.