[MITgcm-support] query ?

Amitabh Mitra amitabhmitra1 at rediffmail.com
Mon Jun 21 03:35:43 EDT 2004

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------

 Sir,

  I was able to run the lab_sea experiment in MITgcm/verification by

  disabling the sbo package .I even got a plot of Depth.data and

  Depth.meta file.The region for this exp. is 280E to 320E and 46N to 78N.

     Now I want to run the same experiment for the Ross sea region

  in Antarctica. For this I changed the grid values in the file

  'data' residing in lab_sea/input.

    In PARM04 section the value of phimin = 46 was changed to -70

  and that of delY = 16*2.E0 was changed to -16*2.E0.

  The value of thetamin = 280 was changed to 170 and kept delX unchanged.

  The file size.h was kept unchanged.

  Now I suppose the region of exp. changes to 170E to 210E and 70S to 102S.

  Again I run the experiment but this time I get an error message as

  shown below :-

  $ mpirun -np 1 ./mitgcmuv
   S/R INI_PARMS: No value for delZ/delP/delR at K =    1
   STOP ABNORMAL END: S/R INI_PARMS
   STOP
   MPI: MPI_COMM_WORLD rank 0 has terminated without calling MPI_Finalize()
 $

  Any suggestions what could be done to achieve my objective ?

  Thanking You ,

  With regards ,

  Amitabh Mitra