[MITgcm-support] problem running on OS X

Chris Hill cnh at mit.edu
Sat Jul 31 13:24:46 EDT 2004

Hi Samar,

 not sure if this helps but I did do some runs recently on a mac with xlf.

 One problem was with cpp in panther which may also affect absoft also
 see CPP line -xassembler option below. The other options are probably xlf
specific.

 I will see if I can find an absoft machine.

Chris

Darwin_ppc_xlf_panther
#!/bin/bash

# $Header: /u/gcmpack/MITgcm/tools/build_options/darwin_ppc_xlf_panther,v
1.1 2004/06/30 01:00:37 cnh Exp $
#
# Build options for Darwin on G5 Mac with IBM XL Fortran compilers
# tested on G5 dual, 2GHz
# ( Darwin eaps-dhcp-162.lcs.mit.edu 6.7.5 Darwin Kernel Version 6.7.5: Mon
Aug 11 19:28:40 PDT 2003; root:xnu/xnu-344.21.73.obj~1/RELEASE_PPC  Power
Macintosh powerpc )
# cc-compiler is available only with the Apple Developer Tools,
# so make sure that those are installed
#
# **NOTES**
#   o with Darwin you must remember to build on a ufs file system. The
default Darwin file system (hfs) treats
#     upper case and lower case file names as the same file. This breaks the
current MITgcm build procedure.
#   o tim.c should use uembellished cloc() are the procedure name for XLF
#     ETIME (timers.F) and FDATE (utils.F) are not available with Darwin+XLF
so need to be switched out.
#

CPP='/usr/bin/cpp -traditional -P -xassembler-with-cpp'
FC=/opt/ibmcmp/xlf/8.1/bin/f77
LINK=/opt/ibmcmp/xlf/8.1/bin/f77
FFLAGS='-qfixed=132 -qsuffix=f=for'
FOPTIM='-O3'
NOOPTFLAGS='-O0'

S64='$(TOOLSDIR)/set64bitConst.sh'
MAKEDEPEND='${TOOLSDIR}/xmakedepend'
#MAKEDEPEND=makedepend
DEFINES='-DWORDLENGTH=4 -DNML_TERMINATOR=" /"'