[MITgcm-support]

J. Darnell Thompson jthompso at hq.nasa.gov
Fri Jul 2 12:47:52 EDT 2004

Thank you for the prompt response Ed.  As I stated early, I am researching
earth science models for NASA and it is my understanding that both the
MITgcm Ocean and Atmosphere have been created in partnership with
NASA.  Specifically, I am working with Fritz Policelli of Goddard Space
Flight Center to create a database of earth science models that use NASA
data or were developed in partnership with NASA.  The database that we are
creating can be found at:
http://www.esa.ssc.nasa.gov/m2m/default.aspx?c=mas&tab=models.  The purpose
of the database is to promote the use of NASA affiliated models and alert
the earth science community of the capabilities of these models so that
they can be better utilized. I am looking for someone to help me complete
the entries for the two MIT models.  To give you and idea of what is
included in the database, a description of the GSFC LIS  Land Surface
Modeling System has been completed and can be found at:
http://www.esa.ssc.nasa.gov/m2m/model_report.aspx?model_id=109.  If someone
on this list is willing to help me complete the entries, please contact me
using the information at the bottom of this email.

Thank you,
Darnell

J. Darnell Thompson
NASA Headquarters