[MITgcm-support] RE: Pre-processing software for MITgcm.

Alistair Adcroft adcroft at MIT.EDU
Sat Feb 14 11:54:36 EST 2004

We do not have any "supported" pre-process software - as I said in the last
email.

You can download the software that has been used in the past but it is not
particularly flexible or useful for large data sets. Various scripts can be
found in

   http://dev.mitgcm.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/preprocess/
   http://dev.mitgcm.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/CS-regrid/CS-regrid/

but we cannot vouch that they work as expected (they have not been edited
for over a year) - the preprocessing for the cubed-sphere were one time
operations and not automated - there are no scripts. We are working toward
integrating some pre-processing into the model itself but this will not be
available for some months.

A.
--
Dr Alistair Adcroft            http://www.mit.edu/~adcroft
MIT Climate Modeling Initiative        tel: (617) 253-5938