[MITgcm-support] question about cube-sphere halos

Alistair Adcroft adcroft at MIT.EDU
Fri Feb 13 15:13:02 EST 2004

No - there is no correct values of XC or YC in the corner regions - what
value should XC(0,0,bi,bj) have? There are two possible different values.

I didn't know about the CPP flag - I'll see what Chris is trying to do there
but whatever it is it can't be done on the cube ...

A.
--
Dr Alistair Adcroft            http://www.mit.edu/~adcroft
MIT Climate Modeling Initiative        tel: (617) 253-5938
EAPS 54-1523,  77 Massachusetts Ave,  Cambridge,  MA,  USA

-----Original Message-----
From: mitgcm-support-bounces at mitgcm.org
[mailto:mitgcm-support-bounces at mitgcm.org] On Behalf Of Dimitris Menemenlis
Sent: Friday, February 13, 2004 3:05 PM
To: mitgcm
Subject: RE: [MITgcm-support] question about cube-sphere halos

Alistair, I notice a flag called EXCH_UPDATE_CORNERS in the exch2 routines.
Benny is only looking to get the values of XC, YC, XG, YG, for interpolation
purposes (as his informative message clearly stated ;-).  These are not
ambiguous and setting them to correct values should not affect rest of code
in any way, right?

D.

--
Dimitris Menemenlis <menemenlis at jpl.nasa.gov>
Jet Propulsion Lab, California Insitute of Technology