[MITgcm-support] Re: Auto-discard notification

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Thu Dec 30 22:08:34 EST 2004

> > Hello,
> >      I am wondering if the  current model takes account of the SSH
> > (etaH or etaN) changes due to  warming or cooling of the water
> > column, i.e., the steric effect. If so, could  you please point to
> > me the part of the code responsible for  this?
> >      Thanks for you  help.
> > Bin Zhao

Hi Bin Zhao,

It seems that your email address has changed so I've subscribed you to
MITgcm-support list with the new address.  If you want to make any
further changes to your list settings, please see:

In regards to your question, MITgcm supports multiple EoS models (eg.
linear, JMD95, UNESCO) and the code for them is located primarily in:

  MITgcm/model/src/ini_eos.F
  MITgcm/model/src/pressure_for_eos.F
  MITgcm/model/src/find_rho.F
  MITgcm/model/src/find_alpha.F

As the code shows, changes in temperature and/or salinity can result in
changes in density which will then have an effect on pressures,
velocities, etc...

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD