[MITgcm-support] cubed sphere for Atmospheric models

Yuan Lian lian at U.Arizona.EDU
Mon Dec 20 19:43:48 EST 2004

Hi, Chris,

I am doing an atmospheric model for uranus. I did change the radius when I
generate the cubed sphere.

rotationPeriod=6.2064E4,
gravity=11.0,
rSphere=24766.E3,
atm_cp=13000

I keep the others are the same as Earth parameters.

Now I guess I didn't generate the grids properly. Here are what I did to
generate cubed sphere:

1. use gengrid_fn.m to generate all neccessary *.bin files.
2. use ocnvertMITgrid to generate *.mitgrid files (I used 6 tiles).
3. use driver.m to generate  w2_e2setup.F and W2_EXCH2_TOPOLOGY.h, then I
copied these two files to test/code directory.

I compiled the code and ran, it turns out that the code won't work well
with all the files I generated. hs94.cs-64x64x5 can run but gives some
weird results which I didn't notice.

I will keep working on this and see if I can figure out where I did wrong.
And I will post a detailed description here if I couldn't work it out.

Thanks a lot!

-Yuan