[MITgcm-support] Default value for rhoNil/rhoConst

Jean-Michel Campin jmc at ocean.mit.edu
Wed Aug 25 11:01:11 EDT 2004

Hi Matt,

> Hi there.
>
> I noticed that the default value for rhoNil/rhoConst in the model is set
> to 999.8 kg/m^3. I wondered if it would make sense to set this default
> to 1025, seeing as most MIT model users seem to be invloved in Marine
> applications?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Matt Palmer

You are right.
On the other hand, changing the defaults is sometime confusing
for users who just update their code and want to know why
results change. This is the main reason why it's not yet done.
We planed to change it at some point (with other defaults value
that need to be changed), may be for release.2 ?

Thanks for your comment,

Cheers,

Jean-Michel