[MITgcm-support] MITgcm fresh install error.

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Mon Aug 23 21:57:35 EDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-08-23 at 18:22, Baylor Fox-Kemper wrote:
> Hello,
>   I just installed MITgcm on my workstation from the most recent CVS
> check-out, and found the following problem:

Hi Baylor,

I'm sorry its not working.  You do seem to have followed the build
directions correctly.  I think the problem is that CVS did not retrieve
all the files and somehow missed some of the "*.F" files.  Heres how we
can test that hypothesis:

  $ wget http://mitgcm.org/download/MITgcm_checkpoint54.tar.gz
  $ tar -xzvf MITgcm_checkpoint54.tar.gz
  $ cd MITgcm/verification/exp2/input/
  $ ../../../tools/genmake2 -mods=../code
  $ make depend
  $ make
  $ make output.txt

and please send us any errors you get from the above commands.

thanks,
Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD