_[MITgcm-support]_Open_BCs

Uli Riemenschneider uriemenschneider at whoi.edu
Mon Aug 23 15:43:57 EDT 2004

HI Petter,

thanks for that tip. I am just rerunning the model to get some output
closer to the point of the crash, because I don't have any data round
there and so can't tell right now what went wrong. If it turns out to be
surface sea level I would most certainly like to know how I could fix
it. I'll let you know.

Uli

Petter StenstrXm wrote:
> Hi Uli,
>
> you might want to check what the last saved sea level is. There was a
> discussion on this list some weeks ago about drifting sea level when using
> the Orlanski condition with a net flow through the domain, noticing that
> the sea level can rise or fall hundreds of meters before the model suddenly
> crashes. If this is your problem, Samar Khatiwala has a solution, which I
> can forward to you slightly modified if you like.
>
> Petter Stenström
> Dept of Land and Water Res Eng
> Royal Institute of Technology
> SE-100 44 Stockholm
> Phone: +46 8 7908657
> Email: petters at kth.se

Ulrike Riemenschneider,  Postdoctoral Investigator
Physical Oceanography Dept. MS #21
Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
Woods Hole, MA 02543, USA

Phone: (+1) 508 289 2916 Fax: (+1) 508 457 2181