[MITgcm-support] nudging techniques, OBCS and freezing

prosperi at wicc.weizmann.ac.il prosperi at wicc.weizmann.ac.il
Sun Aug 15 10:30:18 EDT 2004

Hi guys,

I have some silly questions:

where can I find some documentations to use OBCS.
In the plume on the slope example it is said to define by

#define ALLOW_OBCS
in CPP_OPTIONS.h  and activate it with use_OBCS=.TRUE, in namelist
PACKAGES of input/data.pkg.
If I do it I get from the genmake that this definiton is not anymore
allowed.
If I want to put OBCs at a southern part of my domain, how can I do it?

2) I am confused about something very basic:
   in a finite volume integration scheme u have the advantage that
increaing the horizontal resolution, u automatuically resolve better even
the topography since u are working with volume units. When I set the size
of the grid and the domain decomposition, I have, basically (...very
basically), two files to change:

SIZE.h (nSx, nSy, nr) and in data delX = nSx*size of the grid.
hFacMin gives me  the actual thickness of the cell.
The question is:
is it eventually by hFacMin that I can increase the spatial resolution of
my domain?

thank u very much in advance, as usual.

Davide