[MITgcm-support] phiHydLow

Chris Hill cnh at mit.edu
Sat Aug 14 15:40:31 EDT 2004

In general you need to repect the masks and hfac values appropriately for
any vertical integral. For example depth averaged salinity or vertical heat
content or vertical average temperature etc.... would all come out awry if
you account for land incorrectly. This sounds like the same thing so I think
its not an issue in the prognostic model so much as in making sure correct
formula are implemented for analysis.

Chris