solution found; was: Re: [MITgcm-support] no -mpi option forgenmake2

Chris Hill cnh at mit.edu
Wed Aug 11 10:54:24 EDT 2004

Hi Michael,

 The exch_ files you noticed are auto generated from templates. These
templates are downloaded from CVS and then the exch_ files get created the
first time you run genmake2. That is part of the reson there are far fewer
in a fresh download.

 You are the second person recently who has had some strange issues with
"cvs update" (both on Mac/OS-X) so keep us posted if you notice anything
else odd. We will do some tests here to see if we can find a problem at our
end.

Chris