[MITgcm-support] no -mpi option for genmake2

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Tue Aug 10 17:26:13 EDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-08-10 at 16:26, m. r. schaferkotter wrote:
> ed:
>
> thanx.
>
> so i just do a cvs update MITgcm?

Hi Michael,

I recommend getting a fresh copy.  But if you choose to do an update,
please do it with:

  cvs -q up -d -P

to get any new directories.

Then, for MPI builds, you'll probably have to create an "optfile" that
is customized for your machine(s).  The MPI libraries are generally not
installed in the same place twice so its just about impossible to create
an automatic configuration system for them.  The best thing to do is to
look at our sample MPI optfiles such as:

  linux_ia32_g77+mpi_cg01
  linux_ia32_pgf77+mpi_aer
  linux_ia32_g77+mpi_itrda

and then just modify the paths of the compilers, libs, etc. to match the
install locations on your machine(s).

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD