_[MITgcm-support]_Orlanski_and_mass_conservation

Stefano Querin squerin at ogs.trieste.it
Mon Aug 2 12:28:31 EDT 2004

Hi Samar and Petter,
thank you very much for the suggestions. I agree that separating the flow
over the boundary into two parts (a barotropic and a baroclinic component)
is the best thing to do in order to be able to impose active forcing on the
boundaries and, on the other hand, to allow the internal perturbations to
propagate outside the domain.
If you could send me that part of the code, it would be very useful: I'm
working on the nesting of my model with larger scale models of the Adriatic
sea, and the problem of the OBCs is, of course, crucial (and not that
easy!).
In any case, I will also try to solve the problem by myself!
Thanks again.

Regards,

Stefano Querin