[MITgcm-support] Re: No Subject

Dimitris Menemenlis menemenlis at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Apr 30 15:14:26 EDT 2004

Hi Armando, I am copying your message to mitgcm-support
list for future reference.

Not an expert on new find_rho, but I have never run into problem
you mention.  Are you setting reference T/S profiles properly and
are you providing a correct POLY3.COEFFS file?

You probably better off updating to, e.g., "eosType='JMD95Z'",
which does not require the POLY3.COEFFS input file.

Not sure I follow the second part of your question.  Isn't this:

KPPdiffKzS = vddiff(...,2) = diffus (imt,2) = scalar = salt/tracer
KPPdiffKzT = vddiff(...,3) = diffus (imt,3) = temperature = temperature

what's in the code?

On a separate note, which vertical mixing parameterization are you
implementing?   I am looking into some issues around Antarctica, too
much vertical mixing for hi-res and not enough for low-res integrations,
so would be interested to know more about your work.

Cheers, Dimitris

--
Dimitris Menemenlis <menemenlis at jpl.nasa.gov>
Jet Propulsion Lab, California Insitute of Technology