[MITgcm-support] Time varying OBCs

Patrick Heimbach heimbach at MIT.EDU
Wed Apr 28 14:25:29 EDT 2004

Stefano,

in all likelihood you're now running into a different
type of problem.
The time-dependent obcs always reads 2 consecutive
records and linearly interpolates onto the current timestep.
Records are computed according to what you've specified
in data.obcs as obcs...period.

Now, it may happen that for your last (or last few) timesteps,
based on your specified time period between two records,
obcs tries to read an additional record to do the
linear interpolation in time.
As a quick fix to see whether this is the problem,
can you augment your obcs files by one record.

As a second fix, if your obcs values are monthly with
a yearly repeat cycle, let me know there's another way
to solve this.

In the long run, we (the MITgcm team) need to provide
a cycle period of each field that can be read.

-Patrick