[MITgcm-support] seaice model

Martin Losch mlosch at awi-bremerhaven.de
Wed Apr 28 08:17:59 EDT 2004

Jinlun,

[sorry about the last email (to the mitgcm-support). It pays to be able
to handle one's own mail tools properly, so that one does not mix-up
delete and send button, I wonder how many emails I lost that way (o:]

On Wednesday, April 28, 2004, at 03:20 AM, Jinlun Zhang wrote:

> Right now the ice is coded based on a spherical coordinate system with
> north pole singularity. If the model domain covers the Arctic, the
> model grid should be rotated.  To get rid of the singularity we plan
> to write a dynamics solver based on C grid in generalized curvilinear
> coordinates, as mentioned by Dimitris.

does this mean, that the seaice package can not be used in
configurations with a cartesian grid?
Looking at the code this appears to be the case, doesn't it? This is
still another point that would make it worth to think about using the
MITgcm-specific grid parameters, because there the different
configurations are already accounted for, aren't they??????