[MITgcm-support] query ?

Dimitris Menemenlis menemenlis at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Apr 26 11:18:46 EDT 2004

> I want to know can this model be configured for the Antarctic region
> ?   Can the sea ice thickness  be determined in the Antarctic region
> using this model ?

Yes, the MIT GCM can be configured for the Antarctic region
and it does include a sea-ice model.  See for example
http://ecco.jpl.nasa.gov/cube_sphere/IceCube/

Are you interested in model output only, or do you want
to configure and run the model yourself.  The former is
easier than the later.

Dimitris

--
Dimitris Menemenlis <menemenlis at jpl.nasa.gov>
Jet Propulsion Lab, California Insitute of Technology