[MITgcm-support] genmake2: going with the flow

Martin Losch mlosch at awi-bremerhaven.de
Tue Sep 23 10:57:52 EDT 2003

Hello Ed,

sorry, that I made so much noise. I think, our emails are now getting
ahead of each other, but I have figured out how to fix linux_ifc (see
my last email-posting).

More generally, I think that something like
$TOOLSDIR/genmake2 -mods=../code
should still work, that genmake2 should be able to figure out some
default configuration, which it couldn't in my case. But maybe that's
not your policy? I won't complain.

The nice thing about the .genmakerc is/was, that it made it possible to
run genmake with the same options without specifying the options on the
command line (source of error for me), but again, if that's a matter of
policy, I won't complain.

The usage of genmake2 is probably not less intuitive than the usage of
genmake, I am just used to the latter. I was refering to the code of
genmake2, but I am not a bash-person (do you believe in reincarnation
(o: ). genmake I could understand, and thus successfully manipulate,
genmake2 is beyond my capabilities, but in the end, you don't want
people to edit that file anyway, right? So, I won't complain.

I will now write a build_options file for Mac OS X (o:

Martin