[MITgcm-support] Re: problem higher order advections schemes

Martin Losch mlosch at awi-bremerhaven.de
Tue Sep 23 10:22:17 EDT 2003

Jean-Michel,

thanks, I guess that explains some of my problems. So appearently my
intial temperature and velocity are not in geostrophic balance,
although I tried to get this approximately right. But the intial
adjustment is so strong that it there feed backs occur. The next thing
I'll try is a horizontally homogeneous stratification. According to
your tests, there shouldn't be any problems with configuration and
advection scheme 33, 77, etc, should it?

Anyway, I'll keep you posted.

Martin