[MITgcm-support] genmake2: going with the flow

Martin Losch mlosch at awi-bremerhaven.de
Tue Sep 23 10:08:52 EDT 2003

Hi again,

my platform is a linux system on a IBM xSeries 335 with 2  2.5GHz XEON
CPUs
::>uname -a
Linux lincl0 2.4.20-18.9bigmem #1 SMP Thu May 29 06:41:01 EDT 2003 i686
i686 i386 GNU/Linux
::> ifc -V
Intel(R) Fortran Compiler for 32-bit applications, Version 7.1   Build
20030813Z
Copyright (C) 1985-2003 Intel Corporation.  All rights reserved.
FOR NON-COMMERCIAL USE ONLY

The old genmake was working perfectly fine. I have not customized the
code in any way but checked out a clear version (updated this morning).
I have played a little with the linux_ifc file and now I got it to
work, but linux_ifc needs modifications. Thanks for pointing me to the
documentation, I am beginning to understand ... Ceterum censeo:
something like .genmakerc would be nice still, but to quote Samar: you
can stand in the way of progress ...

This is the build_options file "martins_linux_ifc" that finally worked
and gave reasonable results (note the -D_BYTESWAPIO, FC='ifc',
LINK='ifc', INCLUDES='-I.', the rest is take from the linux_ifc file in
tools/build_options), I guess these additions are necessary all
linux_ifc+ieee as well, plus the -mp option?

#!/bin/bash

S64='$(TOOLSDIR)/set64bitConst.sh'
MAKEDEPEND=makedepend
DEFINES='-D_BYTESWAPIO -DWORDLENGTH=4'

LN='/bin/ln -s'
CPP='/lib/cpp  -traditional -P'
INLUDES='-I.'
FC='ifc'
FFLAGS='-132 -r8 -i4 -w95 -W0 -WB'
FOPTIM='-O3 -align'
LINK='ifc'
#P3  FOPTIM     = ( $FOPTIM '-tpp6 -xWKM' )
#P4  FOPTIM     = ( $FOPTIM '-tpp7 -xWKM' )
LIBS='-lPEPCF90'

Martin