[MITgcm-support] more gchem questions

Martin Losch mlosch at awi-bremerhaven.de
Wed Sep 17 03:37:09 EDT 2003

Steph,

I have had some more time to do some more programming, and I tried to
write a time average for vertical flux of passive tracer (total carbon,
of course). I need two contributions: the advective flux and the
diffusive flux (only if KPP is turned on, which it is in my case). I
had a look were you included the call to PTRACERS_STATVARS and that's
in THE_CORRECTION_STEP, right after the call to TIMEAVE_STATVARS. So
far so good, but at this time ptracers have not been updated by the
GCHEM model. All the variables that are accumulated in TIMEAVE_STATVARS
have been stepped forward at this time. Is that intentional? If so why?
I think PTRACERS_STATVARS should be called after the call to
GCHEM_FORCING, shouldn't it?

The diffusive flux is a different story, I guess, because KappaRT is
not always available. I'll just copy what has been done for the
diffusive flux of temperature tdiffRtave.