[MITgcm-support] How to cite?

Chris Hill cnh at mit.edu
Mon Sep 15 11:47:43 EDT 2003

Dear Fan,

Citations for key algorithmic details, implementation and adjoint work
are given at http://mitgcm.org/sealion/online_documents/node3.html

Chris

Reproduced below

Key publications reporting on and charting the development of the model
are [23,29,28,4,30,5,7,27]:
Hill, C. and J. Marshall, (1995)
Application of a Parallel Navier-Stokes Model to Ocean Circulation in
Parallel Computational Fluid Dynamics
In Proceedings of Parallel Computational Fluid Dynamics: Implementations

and Results Using Parallel Computers, 545-552.
Elsevier Science B.V.: New York

Marshall, J., C. Hill, L. Perelman, and A. Adcroft, (1997)
Hydrostatic, quasi-hydrostatic, and nonhydrostatic ocean modeling
J. Geophysical Res., 102(C3), 5733-5752.

Marshall, J., A. Adcroft, C. Hill, L. Perelman, and C. Heisey, (1997)
A finite-volume, incompressible Navier Stokes model for studies of the
ocean
on parallel computers,
J. Geophysical Res., 102(C3), 5753-5766.

Adcroft, A.J., Hill, C.N. and J. Marshall, (1997)
Representation of topography by shaved cells in a height coordinate
ocean
model
Mon Wea Rev, vol 125, 2293-2315

Marshall, J., Jones, H. and C. Hill, (1998)
Efficient ocean modeling using non-hydrostatic algorithms
Journal of Marine Systems, 18, 115-134

Adcroft, A., Hill C. and J. Marshall: (1999)
A new treatment of the Coriolis terms in C-grid models at both high and
low
resolutions,
Mon. Wea. Rev. Vol 127, pages 1928-1936

Hill, C, Adcroft,A., Jamous,D., and J. Marshall, (1999)
A Strategy for Terascale Climate Modeling.
In Proceedings of the Eighth ECMWF Workshop on the Use of Parallel
Processors
in Meteorology, pages 406-425
World Scientific Publishing Co: UK

Marotzke, J, Giering,R., Zhang, K.Q., Stammer,D., Hill,C., and T.Lee,
(1999)
Construction of the adjoint MIT ocean general circulation model and
application to Atlantic heat transport variability
J. Geophysical Res., 104(C12), 29,529-29,547.

We begin by briefly showing some of the results of the model in action
to give a feel for the wide range of problems that can be addressed
using it.