[MITgcm-support] Re: cvs tree, chaucer?

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Fri Sep 5 20:56:20 EDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-09-05 at 20:29, Dimitris Menemenlis wrote:
> Hello Hill and Hill, since beginning of September I have been unable to access
> chaucer or to use "cvs -d :ext:@chaucer.lcs.mit.edu:/u/gcmpack".  Have I been
> booted from the cvs repository (about time), has chaucer been mothballed, or
> something else?

Hi Dimitris,

Yes, chaucer is off-line.  Its been replaced by "forge" which is the new
web server, email server, and "GForge" environment.  Please take a look
at:

  http://dev.mitgcm.org/

and feel free to submit feature requests, bugs, etc.

For CVS, please switch to one of the following:

  :ext:@mitgcm.org:/usr/local/gcmpack
  :ext:@auden.lcs.mit.edu:/u/gcmpack
  :ext:@shelley.lcs.mit.edu:/u/gcmpack

which should work with the same passwd.  And if you need to convert an
existing CVS tree to the new server, you can do it with just a few lines
of bash as shown at:

  http://dev.mitgcm.org/pipermail/mitgcm-support/2003-July/001636.html

so you will be getting an announcement from there as well.  Our new
mailing lists are web-archived and search-able:

  http://mitgcm.org/htdig/

Please let me know if you have any further problems.

thanks,
Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
office:  MIT Dept. of EAPS;  Room 54-1424;  77 Massachusetts Ave.
email:   eh3 at mit.edu,  ed at eh3.com