[MITgcm-support] Re: waiting for computer...

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Fri Oct 31 13:25:50 EST 2003

On Fri, 2003-10-31 at 12:00, Daniel Enderton wrote:
> Jamie:
>
> I installed the developer tools (which I think has f77), and g77 from
> fink.  They appeared installed, as the commands were recognized, etc.
> Alas, as I went to compile something, this is the result that I got:
>
> % g77 -o run.exe iso_ocean.f
> Line too long as of (?) [info -f g77 M LEX]
>
> When I went to compile the MITgcm code, this is what I got:
>
> genmake -mods=../code
> Error: platform not recognized: uname -p =  Darwin
>
> Any ideas?  Also, as before, the Matlab installer does nothing - Do
> need the license documents before it will install?

Hi Daniel,

Newer versions of the code are probably better supported on Mac OS X.
I'd be happy to help you with building MITgcm since it would also give
me a chance to test/debug genmake2 on another platform.

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
office:  MIT Dept. of EAPS;  Room 54-1424;  77 Massachusetts Ave.
email:   eh3 at mit.edu,  ed at eh3.com