[MITgcm-support] question about testscript

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Thu Oct 30 07:20:50 EST 2003

On Thu, 2003-10-30 at 03:43, Martin Losch wrote:
> Ed,
>
> After runing testreport successfully, I reran it with:
> testreport -opfile=../tools/build_options/darwin_g77 -ieee -q -a
> edhill at mitgcm.org
> but the mpack utility fails:
> > Warning: "../tools/mpack-1.6/mpack" failed -- please contact
> > <edhill at mitgcm.org>
> so that you probably didn't get any email from me. Is the -q option
> forbidden in conjunction with -a?

Hi Martin,

I just tried the following:

  ./testreport -ieee
  ./testreport -q -ieee -a edhill at mitgcm.org

on a RH 9 box and it worked fine.  I'll be happy to try it with some
other systems, but I think its something specific to OSX.  The mpack
utility has worked with no problems on every Unix/Linux variant that
I've run it on.  But there may be something special about your box -- or
it may be some firewall issue.

Also, I'm surprised that you have to manually set the "optfile".  Have
you tried the auto-detect feature?  And, if it fails, have you tried
setting the following:

  (t)csh:   setenv MITGCM_OF "path/to/opt_file"
  bash/sh:  export MITGCM_OF="path/to/opt_file"

environment variable?  I'd really like to get the default optfile choice
mechanism sorted out as its a useful feature.

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
office:  MIT Dept. of EAPS;  Room 54-1424;  77 Massachusetts Ave.
email:   eh3 at mit.edu,  ed at eh3.com