[MITgcm-support] atmospheric exp broken ?

Martin Losch mlosch at awi-bremerhaven.de
Thu Oct 16 02:33:13 EDT 2003

Jean-Michel,

as far as I remember, the default for useNHMTerms=.true. stems from the
historical fact, that before the inclusion of this flag, the terms
where always included. That's a bug, but we didn't want to change the
results of the verification experiments. So I strongly agree with you:
Change the default for useNHMTerms and use them only where appropriate.
None of the hydrostatic experiments should have these terms.

Martin