[MITgcm-support] [MITgcm Manual] section 3.11.3 Experiment Configuration

Manoj C. Nair manoj at gfz-potsdam.de
Mon Oct 13 05:07:48 EDT 2003

Comments and questions on page
http://mitgcm.org/sealion/online_documents/node117.html#SECTION004113800000000000000

I am currently working on electromagnetic induction of ocean currents in
a static magnetic field of Earth. For this I require an ocean model that
    can generate horizontal ocean current velocity grid (1x1 grid) for
any part of the ocean, and for a particular period of the year. The
velocity values need to be vertically averaged. Dr. Gary Egbert
suggested to visit ECCO website.

The experiment - Global Ocean Simulation at 4 Resolution seems to suit
my requirement.

1) Is it possible to increase the resolution (say to 1 degree) ?
2) If I give the climatic data of a particular time of the year, is it
possible to generate a ocean current velocity grid for that time of the
year ?
3) What are the changes to be incorporated to the model / input data to
obtain these requirements ?

kind regards

Manoj

Manoj C.Nair