[MITgcm-support] Re: c51 (fwd)

Jean-Michel Campin jmc at ocean.mit.edu
Tue Nov 11 12:39:52 EST 2003

Hi Stephanie,

The modifications are generally "backward compatible",
meaning that you can use an old pickup with a more recent
version of the code.

But here, it is the reverse that you intend to do.
There is no guarantee that this should work, and I am not
too much surprised that this does not. The pickup_cd
has been changed (between checkpoint50b_pre and checkpoint50b_post)
and could be the reason why it's not working.

Are you using the cd_scheme ?

See you,

Jean-Michel

PS: I move this discussion to the support list because Ed says it's better there.