[Mitgcm-support] RE: OTC

mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org
Wed Jul 9 15:53:56 EDT 2003

Hi Boyin,

 Your numbers sound very odd! Could it be that the
now four years old and frequently modified code setup
you are starting from has been broken along the way?

 For the release MITgcm (http://mitgcm.org), a coarse
resolution climate problem with async. time stepping
works as expected i.e. for a 4 degree run, the async. time
step is around two days for thermodynamics
(and implicit free surface). The global_ocean.90x40x15 test
case from the release code illustrates the parameter settings
for Ah, Az, dt for momentum etc...

Chris